logo

banner1.png
Golden Hoof Ride
05 May 2015
Thumbnail Newtonmore on the Weekend of Fri 5th to Sun 7th June The Golden Hoof Ride (Scotland) will hopefully be an annual event with the first one in 2015. It will be for people and horses who enjoy long...

Subscribe to news and updates

Black and Blue Horses

User Rating: 5 / 5

Well I headed off to Crimond and Lonmay near Peterhead today to pick up two new additions to the team, still both too young to work but you will see them in the future. Savoch Adam is a black Freisian colt who should grow to over 16 hands and Fern who is a 3/4 Partbred Highland 3 year old Filly.

Adam had not even been haltered when I collected him but we got a halter on him and he loaded easily. I bought him from a nephew of Mr Keistra that well known Friesian breeder from Viewhill near Culloden, Inverness, so he has some good Dutch bloodlines. By the end of the night after his 130 mile drive home he was happily leading in hand and is very friendly and biddable. Adam will spend the rest of the summer in the policy grounds of Cluny Castle at Laggan just up the road.

Fern is a real sweetie and is a bluey coloured grey dun, she belonged to Sam who is going to live in Bulgaria and almost had changed her mind because she did not want to part with Fern. However after doing a Working Holiday with us at Easter Sam was sure she could trust us to look after her baby and allowed me to buy her on the condition she gets first refusal if we ever decide to sell her. Fern has already been backed and will be verty gently ridden on and will hopefully start working next year.

Working holidays

You have the opportunity to come and stay with us, help out with the animals and the riding centre as well as ride and make some new friends!

Read more...

Ladies club

Image of a ponyIf you would like to ride affordably and help out around the centre, Ladies club may be just for you.

Read more...

Trail riding

Hill trekkingRough Highland country trail rides available.

Come and join us in these spectacular surroundings.

Read more...

Pony club

pony clubAre your kids wanting to learn more about horses and ride on a regular basis, Pony Club may be for them.

Find out more...